Tuesday 2 July 2013

I am in love with the man from Tesco's !

Yes its true I love the man who brings my Tesco Groceries LOL

I have always shopped online. It started with Ebay, and well that is, as always a bit hit and miss. You rely on the honesty of the seller and 99 times out of 100 its fine but theres always that 1. It is however, a great place to find unusual items and more than once I've found something thats raised a smile from someone I love.

Then theres the various websites, t shirts, Italian foodstuffs, German foodstuffs, Soda Stream, Ikea and so on and usually these are all fantastic. You pay your money and await delivery and however many days later it arrives.

Then theres the direct sites, where you order something, pay for it and have it delivered to the store. Now Ive used House of Fraser, Tesco Direct, and Asda (Walmart) and I have to say I will never ever use Asda again, they are so disorganised its untrue. They dont even know how many packages your order is coming in and email / text you to tell u its arrive 10 days after you've picked it up LOL - Useless. The other two are great, organised, friendly, helpful and never lost anything yet.

But I am a convert to a new kind of online shopping - Online groceries and all from the comfort of an app on my Iphone !!

Now I know some people will roll their eyes at me but since I have had issues lately with my shoulders carrying heavy bags of groceries is not helpful. So I tried the online approach. I could pick from the majority of store items, and found everything that I would normally buy. I decided to place a relatively medium size order so if it went wrong, well it wasnt too much of a hardship but it went right, very right.

I ordered it through my Iphone, got the discounts I would have in the store, and didnt buy anything that I didnt really want but fancy advertising enticed me and a nice young man delivered it right to my door in three trays, carried it into the kitchen then helped me empty the trays so he could take them back LOL

WOW, fantastic or what

I was converted. I didnt buy fresh veg cos I prefer to pick my own but everything else was fab.

So I placed a second order... sent it away today and a few hours later got a nice phone call from Tesco, seems there were two items on my list that were out of stock and I had replaced them with two products with leser amounts ( Vitamins in 30's rather than 90's) This all happened at the checkout stage but the shop were calling to tell me the 90's were in stock and would I like them LOL
Amazed - most definately, happy and I cant wait for the shopping to arrive now

I will definately do this again - the days of lugging bags from cars filled with tins, bottles and other heavy stuff is well and truly over ! + Note to self - embrace technology LOL

2 comments:

  1. I'd like a tall, dark, handsome man...with big shoulders and a full head of hair...able to handle both hot and cold please. Please send my order to Manitoba, Canada...my Visa # is----

    Okay...the grocery thing I'm going to try to see if it works as well on this side of the pond...but if you find a website for one of the above....let me know!!

    Hugs girly....great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he made sure my Ice cream was cold !! Super super impressed

    ReplyDelete