Wednesday 3 July 2013

Oh the fricken joy of holidays...

I was first hesitant when the boss said to take a day of holidays.  Thinking it's been four years without a break, I decided June 28th would be the best day.  After all, Canada Day was Monday, July 1st, so I could sleep in four days in a row.  Woo hoo...!  Oh I'm living now....

Staying up like a rebel until 1 a.m. Friday morning just because I could, I snuggled into my covers satisfied.  I turned the alarm clock off and settled into dreamland.  At 4:11, I woke feeling heat emanating.  HOT FLASH-Holy crap!  I swear I was about to spontaneous combust.  I whipped the covers back so fast, the decorative pillows landed on the other side of the bed. Getting up, walking six paces, I turned the switch for the overhead ceiling fan.  Blinded by the light attached to it, I yanked the chain to shut it off.

Lying back down in my queen-sized bed, I thought about how fortunate it is that I'm single. Sprawled out like the movies when kerchiefs tie wrists and ankles, whilst Mr. Gorgeous plays...I began to think I was more like that poor cowboy left in the desert staked as the vultures fly overhead.

The air conditioner was set at 68 degrees as always, so this shouldn't be happening, I thought as I listened to the squeak of the fan above.  Please, please, let this pass, as I felt the pool begin to develop on my chest in that divet just between.  Looking at the clock it was now 4:17, six minutes of hell was slowly fading.  By 4:18, I was completely frozen and wondering where the hell that heat went.  The room was I'm sure 65 degrees, so what the heck?  My hair stuck to my head, the chemise I wore felt damp...oh ya know!

I'm at the age where things start to change....yep, menopause.  As I try to curl up under the covers shivering...I thought about how I might explain this should I ever meet Mr. Right.  Great, the hamster in my head switched to fast forward now.

"In for a hot time?"  I lie there giggling to myself then thought of how quickly it passed and I was like an ice cube.  I can imagine the confusion that first romantic night  as I kick him off the bed so I can be in the breeze of the fan, panting...then politely ask him to come back under the covers when I need to put my ice cold body against his.  "You're so sexy," I thought to myself.  If I were married, it'd be no big surprise.  He'd of gotten used to my quirks, so this would be no big deal. 

At 5:21, the time I normally get up for work (when the alarm goes off), I started my day.  Sheesh...this is holidays?

Is it me or does everyone have the weirdest stuff happen when you think you can sleep in and enjoy some relax time? LOL    

No comments:

Post a Comment