Sunday 21 July 2013

Arghhhhhhhh

Tonight I missed a self imposed deadline, and I know it will drive me silly. I have been trying to write 1250 words a day since mid May, I even blogged about it, and give or take a few missed days for one reason or another I met that aim...until the beginning of July.

In early July a family catastrophe hit us and I didnt write a word for a week and it set me back. Ive been playing catch up ever since.

From tomorrow onwards I need to work on editing the book that preceeds this one becasue that has a deadline of Aug 1 for beta readers to have a read and tell me whats what before I re edit and get it ready for publication.

Somewhere in there I need to work on the final two chapters before moving on to the next thing.

Ahhh the life of a writer is never finished.

I set myself a plan at the start of the year and within 3 weeks it was blown out of the water, but I think I've regrouped nicely. I have 1 book published already this year, 1 nearly ready for beta, 1 95% written and soon ready for its first edit.

These 2 will be released this year and show a marked change in the style for me, but dont get lulled into a false sense of security as I have plans to write many in the vein  of FBG (1st published book) and BHWC (3rd published book) but a little variety does a writer good.

Since we are in July and nearing the end, I will prob have half another new story written and then one done in nanowimo month of November.

For me the way forward is definately the 1250 or more method as it focus's my energies and keeps me on track especially when I get a little writers block or something happens

So its onwards and dont look back LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment