Thursday 1 August 2013

Happy Happy Happy

Today I saw the review of "Blackpool Here We Come" in The Big Issue in The North and getting the same amount of column inches as books put out there by the big 6 is a gratifying experience.

Its not a long review by any measure but its positive and the reviewer picked up on the fact that it is in fact a tribute to a great place ! as much as it is about the work mates who visit for the day.

I have fond memories of Blackpool, visiting many times, as a teenager on day trips out with my family, trips with the kids when they were young and also as teenagers. I have special memories of taking my son on "The Big One" and then not being able to get him off.

There is no denying that you cant do it on a tight budget, everything cost money, but there are great savings to be had and a tub of two pence pieces goes a long way on the machines for kids mesmerised by trying to win more than they started with.

Everyone should visit at least once and enjoy a British seaside institution. Its not all booze, hen nights and so on, there are plenty of hidden gems and hopefully I have done some of them proud

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your review, Clair!

    Margaret X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lady! It was simply amazing to see the magazine. I'm so proud of you.
    You deserve it!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete