Sunday 18 August 2013

So much to learn

A chance post yesterday gave me a lonk to a program that will be invaluable. A program that can look for redundant words, phrases, cliches, glue words, problem sentances, grammar problems, and much more. Ive spent the last 24 hrs going through 1 recently edited document and I will do the same process to one that Ive just finished rewriting. Its been the one best thing ive spent time on.

As a self published author anything that can help me with editing is priceless. I rely on a great friend of mine to read through and give her opinions whch I listen to and appreciate without reservation. I am part of an online crit group that I can add my work to if it falls into the Womans Fiction bracket, which some do, then there are the folks that beta read for me. It all helps in its own little way, but something like this program can help me at the early stages of editing.

A writers work goes through so many drafts and if this can help me cut the number of drafts then I am all for that. In the end it will help me produce beter works, quicker. With a never ending folder of ideas and more brewing in my mind, it can teach me to avoid the pitfalls as I write and thats good because I am always learning.

For anyone wanting to check it out and get some help with their work heres the link

http://prowritingaid.com/

Obviously as with any editing, if you dont agree and feel strongly enough about it, you do your own thing but any help is a good thing especially since most of us spend so much time on the work we miss things.

It can only help in the long run, especially if you cant afford a professional editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment