Saturday 17 August 2013

Two Magic Words

On thursday night I got to type two little magic words. The mean very little in the grand scheme of things but everything for what I was doing.

Those two words were "The End" and they were typed at the end of a gruling re write of book 5, known as "The Hell Within." once its had a first edit I will make some of it available to read on my books in development page. This is the second book in a two book series and brings the story of Steven and Sandy full circle.

For me its more than 2 words, its the end of a journey, nearly the end of a project thats been almost eight years in the making.

Both these books have seen many starts and finishes, many versions, many ideas but now they are nearly ship shape and both should be out before the end of the year. It will be the accomplishment of not just myself but the many people I have met and have helped in the process. I just hope they stack up lol

It made me think about what we, as writers, go through with each of our books. They are little babies, to be nurtured, to grow, to turn into their own little wonders. Then we send them out into the world and we hope that others love them as much as we love them.

If just one other person likes them, loves them, can relate to them - then dear friends my job is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment