Sunday 4 August 2013

I want to be in the heart of it...New York, New York...These vagabond blues...are melting away....(la la la)

Well now...tis Saturday night of a long weekend here across the pond in the colony and I thought to check in.  Nothing exciting, my life is rather simple at the moment, yet in the background lurks life's possibility.

First off, I am so proud of your review Clair, I think it's amazing.  The hours spent on a keyboard are only a start for an author.  Reaching out, promoting, getting noticed are the hardest.  That review solidifies everything...you are an amazing writer!  I'm so ecstatic...you're in a magazine! Woo Hoo!

Now back to what I was saying...

In less than two months I'm going on a trip to New York City.  Yes I will dance in the world of the literary giants.  Okay, not really dance, more like trip around in it...but I will walk the streets in the heart of book publishing.  I've even sprung for a 5-star hotel in the heart of Manhattan where apparently a cup of coffee is $20.00, so I'm hoping they have instant. (gotta be cheaper, right?)

I am mapping out my itinerary, a list of things to do and places to see.  Now I'm sure most have the same list:  Liberty Statue, Empire State building, Staten Island Ferry, China town, ground zero...and of course 5th Avenue shopping....just to say I've walked through....but what other places stand out in one's mind....any suggestions?

With 5-star prices, I'll probably eat out a lot and I'm open to suggestions.  If you were in New York, what foods would you want to try?

This is my first vacation in four years so I intend to make the most of it....Lord knows when I'll get another one.

I don't feel the excitement yet since it's two months away, but I am training on the elliptical and walking to ensure I can get around where I need to.  Tis sad that I've spent most of my time sitting on my heiny at work and writing at night...so I'm biting the bullet and undergoing a rigorous transformation. Will two months training be enough?  You'll have to tune in and find out I suppose.  You may just see me on the NY stories of the ER show....on a stretcher....beat red in the face from exertion....LOL




1 comment:

  1. Hey thank you !!

    Oh where to go - well it would take way more than a few days but maddiosn square garden, Coney Island, Rocafeller centre, a haorse and carraige ride in central park and I'd love to see the Tavern on the Green even though its no longer a restaurant

    xxx

    ReplyDelete