Saturday 2 November 2013

Nano Challenge - end of day 2

So this is the end of day two of the 30 day challange. 1667 words a day and at the end of the 30 days, I will have a 50,000 novel. Note the I will not I might have. I did this last year and out of it came the Blackpool book and it was a fantastic achievement so here I go again with this years book...

This year has been about getting old stories re written and out for the public to enjoy. Ive got 3 books out this year so far with 1 more, fingers crossed, before year end. Only 1 (Blackpool) was a completely new write so the prospect of writing something new was a little daunting... so glad Nano came along when it did.

it will help me get back into teh swing of writing about new characters, new ideas and fulfilling the ideas I have had floating around my mind for years.

At the start of this I wasnt sure which project to do, a romance novel set in Cyprus or a comedy (kind of) set in an average IKEA superstore. After seeking advice and listening to it, IKEA won and thats the one I am writing.

So we are two days in and so far so good, I am about 50 words over the two day target and its progressing . Im happy with what ive done which is important because I cant edit this till ive got through this challange. Im trying to keep an eye on what I write, keep the editing to a minimum afterwards cos its not my favourite bit

I would have done more today but the old fingers are stiff and the joints playing up, limiting how much I can sit and write. Hopefully tomorrow will be better !!

Onwards - only 46640 words to go LOL

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! I have no doubt brilliance will end up on the page for your Nano. Don't know how you do it, but you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete