Sunday 9 June 2013

Sunday Morning Love

I have a little time this morning as the mighty toddler monster that is my granddaughter is asleep having run around me since 7am.

Now there she is yesterday on the swings, yelling for her gran to push her higher. She is a daredevil, of that there is no doubt. But, it reminded me that at her age (18 months) of how much they are becoming an individual.

I am currently half way through a re write of a book with a toddler in it and have been able to drawn on madams adventures to make the toddler, hopefully, realistic.

Seeing things through her eyes is no bad thing and reminds me that she is accomplishing so many firsts and will continue to do so, a bit like her Gran really.

Spending time with her is wonderful, oh she has her moments but she is a delight. Oh dont get me wrong, having your nose nipped in the middle of the night, then listening to her laugh because shes hurt you when shes supposed to be going back to sleep tries your patience but you cant help but smile and laugh with her.

It also makes me focus more on time and also free time to write, etc. if I opened my laptop when she is awake then I def wouldnt get anything done as she likes to tap on the keys and write her own masterpiece. Maybe one day she will, I have no doubt this little lady will go on to great things, she is too smart, stubborn and independent not to !

As writers we should all try looking through the eyes of a child / toddler every so often, believe me even if I didn have a toddler in my current work it would still help with others. How they see the world, how they explore, the simplest of jobs becomes an adventure done with a new zest for life.

We should all remember that and look at our writing journeys as a big adventure ! I know I will !


No comments:

Post a Comment