Tuesday 4 June 2013

It started with NaNoWriMo

Last November I took the NaNoWriMo Challenge and 50,000 words later Blackpool here We Come was born. Now it wasn't that simple, obviously, as anyone who writes knows, it takes a lot more than the initial writing of the story but thats probably the biggest chunk and without that there is no book.

So after that I celebrated but the idea of having a daily target stuck with me. when I decided to re write the development book "Left Behind" I figured since I was on a very tight deadline I would use the same method, i.e. a minimum amount each day...and it worked. Deadline met, book finished and now in the process of being edited.

I am currently applying the same process to another re write that I began on 8th May.

But I was asked if I realised what i could accomplish if I wrote 1250 words a day for a year - that would be 456,250 words . On average my books are 50 - 90 K but even at 90K thats 5 new books
and it made me think, really think... Is it even possible ???

Short bursts, 6-8 weeks, yes but then theres editing, covers to develop, polishing and everything else that goes on ... is it possible to do all that and still write 1250 words a day

I feel a challenge coming on !

I have to say so far after nearly 4 weeks I am 1400 words infront of where I should be for 1250 words a day but the hard part will come when it is time to edit.

Anyone else ever thought about doing something like this ?????

No comments:

Post a Comment