Tuesday 6 May 2014

Square peg in a round hole

There I was this morning minding my own business eating a second bowl of cornflakes and a second mug of coffee, watching the documentary When James met Gary and theres a knock at the door.

Usually I would check it then decide to ignore it or not but today since it was late morning I opened the door expecting it to be the postman.

No it was someone wanting to do a survey and since we've done these in the past I figured why the hell not

Its usually what are the facilities like in the immediate area, shops, sports etc but not today - today was about watching TV

Usual questions - how many TV's have you got although she balked at the answer LOL, do you have satelite, cable, HD etc

Do you watch TV on ur phone - No on ur laptop - No - games device - No are you sure about the laptop - Yes I use it for work - Hmmm

How much of BBC 1 do you watch? Huummmm stumped - had to think well depends if there is motor racing on, or a good drama, Dr Who, or a good film other wise no

Ok do you watch American shows, CSI etc - oh yes all the time !

Films - Yup all the time
Sports - Yup, (What do you watch?) Motor racing , Football, American Football
Documentary's - yep -discovery
Drama - oh definetly
Soaps - No not at all

Okay so we have categories and I'd say you are in the intellectual but thrill seeker group which I am surprised about (Said as she looks me up and down) Are you sure you watch the programs you have said you do

Huh?? have u met me, the person who does nothing, goes v few places anymore LOL Given half a chance and wind the clock back twenty yrs and I might be a thrill seeker and yes I do watch what Ive said I do

So the woman then tells me had I said yes to soaps and no to documentaries and sports then I would be in the biggest grouping which is women between 25 and 50, usually married, kids older than 5,
I fit that group as well LOL

Thing is like my music my TV watching habits are quite eclectic and there is nothing wrong in that
so I refuse to be in a box LOL

And the 1 question right at the end that made me fall over myself  - whats your job - now I said author to see her expression and she said - no really whats ur job - (You gotta laugh) - I say yes I am and she says you dont look like one

what the hell does a writer look like ???

I happened to have a copy of Left Behind sitting on the table because I promised to give it to someone and if I dont leave it somewhere visible I will forget - so I pointed to it and said thats one of mine and she says Oh ryt ok - well ill leave that section Blank (WTF)

Quick as a flash shes done and gets up to leave just as Top gear is about to start on Dave, oh I hate that she says, love it I reply, right up my street and shes gone as fast as her little legs can carry her

Somehow I dont think we will get picked for a new survey any time soon - we just dont fit the boxes

No comments:

Post a Comment