Tuesday 31 December 2013

And so it ends



2013 was a funny year, full of challenges, change and a year when nothing really went right for very long. I entered the year as one person and I will exit as someone completely different, a complicated journey.
It was a year that saw me publish 3 very different e books, followed by paperback versions, that in itself such a huge achievement but 2014 will mark the end of one story and the beginning of so many more.

It was a year when I learned a few things, even at my tender age of 45. See you are never too old to learn a life lesson. I learned the true physical meaning of the word isolation. It’s a good state of affairs for a writer, because if you don’t isolate yourself you get bugger all done!! But, I learnt the meaning of the word in so many ways.
People walked into my life last year, and people walked out. It became a year of change caused by many things but those changes isolated me. For a while I was angry, didn’t understand, now I do and it remains to be seen in 2014 if the isolation is complete. I came to realise at times I am my own worst enemy and I push too hard, so for once, I stepped back, now I will let things come to me. If nothing happens, nothing happens.

Isolation forced me to learn to put myself first and that skill alienates others that are used to being first. I reach out and the hand is slapped away, another lesson learned
So what do I want from 2014...fame, riches etc

Nope, all I want is a decent cup of coffee, a smile from my granddaughter, a bowl of tiramisu, to love my family, to continue conversations through whatever resource with my great friend in the coldness that is Canada, to laugh and for the ideas to keep popping into my head.
Life is a series of small happiness’s and these are all I need.

So 2014 do your worst !! Bring it on !!!
Happy new year whenever it comes to your piece of this world. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment