Wednesday 11 September 2013

So much to learn part 2

This evening Ive been working on a final edit of "Left Behind" and I am nearly there. Just my edits, a few beta reader suggestions and glue words left to look at. Another few days and woo hoo

I've run through all the usual things I look for passive verbs, grammar, sentances I dont like etc. Now I get to learn about abstract words, overused words, vague words, redundant words, style reports, hidden verbs, glue sentances, repetative words, sentance length...

Each one of these has been looked at, modified, updated, changed, re written and its all helped me to shed a few thousand words and I'm not done yet. I can only hope that the end product sits well in its chosen place.

Its been a very steep learning curve but one I'm glad ive taken a strangle hold on. It will stand me in good stead for the second of the two books as I press forward.

Look out for release info ! - Kindle will be Sept 20th

No comments:

Post a Comment