Thursday 22 January 2015

They say you make your own luck !



They, the people, say you make your own luck anyone who knows me knows that I don't have the greatest of luck. Its very rare that I win a raffle, a lottery prize or that any thing goes my way however sometime, just sometime a day like yesterday comes along.

1. I stepped on the scales and realised I'd lost close to a stone and a half in about a month. That put me in an absolutely awesome mood and I felt a rush of determination to keep going and lose more to hopefully help ease some aches and pains.

2. I opened a piece of mail from Scottish Gas expecting a letter about the price cuts that are expected in June. However what I got was a refund for gas already bought due to a faulty meter and the promise that a future refund will also be due as the meter cant be fixed for a few months - WOW money back from an energy supplier - what ever next ???

3. I took a header (A fall) from the top of three steps (three and a lip really) flat onto concrete. Now how is this lucky, well I escaped with a few grazes, couple of bruises and sore shoulders as my hands took the brunt of the impact. It could have been way worse as it was a face first fall. Now that is lucky.

4. So I figured after a morning like that buy a lottery ticket. Now the last time I won more than £3 on the lottery (usually £3 is on Euromillions) was September 2008. So the draw was last night, I checked the ticket this lunchtime (because I forgot) and to my surprise I am £25 richer as the ticket matched 3 numbers.

5. Then I got an email to let me know I'd won a bottle of wine for doing a job well done. The email was sent yesterday !! not that I will drink it but I know a young lady that will....

I'm still waiting to find out what the 6th lucky thing was yesterday because they say these things come in 3's so I'm due another one LOL. but even if I never find out I'm so happy with my magic Wednesday !!!

Maybe my luck has finally changed - about time !


No comments:

Post a Comment