Sunday 4 January 2015

New Beginnings


From the single seed of a thought comes a new beginning. This really is the seed for 2015. I made a few resolutions, which I don't normally do, but these are for my writing more than life itself as  big change needs to happen there and no resolution is going to make that happen.

Blogging was one of them. I like so many others am guilty of not blogging enough and for so many reasons. Family, writing constraints, editing constraints and life in general but not this year. I will find the time and the subjects, be they writing or real life.

Another was to read more. I spent a lot of time last year reading other peoples works in progress and a consequence of that was that I didn't read as many of the published books of my favourite authors as I wanted to and now I want to catch up. Whether it be on my trusty kindle or lying in bed with a hardback or a paperback attached to my hand.

We, as writers, can learn so much from a published book of an author that we love to read and the main thing for me is the point at which I become so absorbed in what I am reading that I just cant put it down. Happens every time and if I have one reader that ends up submerged with any of mine then my job is done.

I have a pile of about thirty books to read, from autobiography's to adventures, chick lit to women's fiction, crime and a few new authors that I liked the look of the story. I will get through as many as possible but it wont stop me buying new ones to add to the pile LOL there is just something about a new book. Its the smell of the paper, the crisp newness of the pages and the promise of whats to come. Some of the books I have read and will read will appear on the shelf that now populates the bottom of this blog

Even at the tender age of three we buy books for my grand daughter and read them to her. She loves it and it is something we will continue to do. You're never too young or old for a new book !!


No comments:

Post a Comment