Sunday 1 June 2014

Moving Forward

A few years ago I wrote a book about my favourite west end show "We Will Rock You" following two friends around Europe as they watched it in as many European cities as tbey could in a three week period, cullminating in a last performance at the Dominion Theatre in London. Last night that run of shows, in that theatre came to an end.



One can only hope that at somepoint they decide to give it another outing and do a last UK tour or something similar, I know I'd go again even after already going 6 times.

This morning I realised something - the show isn't over, its just postponed for a while a bit like the follow up story I always planned. I could never quite hammer the plot home, never settle on exactly what I wanted it to be, where to set it and even if there should be another Queen / WWRY link.

I've run into hitches all the way with the follow up, even down to the characters. They are based on two real life people, best friends - or at least they used to be. I guess you could say that they are also postponed at the moment LOL

Any ideas are stored in a folder, labeled appropriately as FBG2 but I fear its a folder that may never be opened. I have many folders and I guess some of them look better at the moment. I hope much like my hopes that the show will come back at some point, that the friendship might move forward on some level and my ideas for the story might spring into life - I doubt it but you always gotta have hope.

Maybe one day I will read the original book and be in a place, mentally and spiritually to figure out where the follow up goes or if it should stop as it has.

Whatever the ending, last nights was awesome !

No comments:

Post a Comment