Saturday 22 March 2014

People Watching is legitimate research !



People watching is finally a legitimate excuse since I'm intending not to base many more characters on people I know. I may use a few from time to time but its time to watch and translate actions to the pages.

By sitting quietly sipping a mug of steaming coffee and just watching the world go by, plenty of interesting characters walk past. Watching their actions, the way they walk, act around others gives me food for thought and an abundance of ideas and characters to fill the pages. Ive even started to take description notes to remind me at a later date of that person and what made them stand out.

Now Im not taking about particular groups of people, just those everyday normal types that sometimes walk about with their heads down, trying to get through the day invisible from one minute to the next. Those are the kinds I like to spot, to watch how they get by, the kind of characters I need for the next few books. Their actions and manerisms will add depth and thats not a bad thing ...

It all helps !

No comments:

Post a Comment